- State of a demand which has been validated by an approver.
- Authorization to perform a set of actions on several entities, given by rights attribution process.
- Grouping in a list of available handling of GLPI objects.
- Active Directory service
- Directory service compatible with LDAP directory, provided by Microsoft. Also known as AD.
- Adaptive rule
- Rule in which at least one action is the result of a regular expression defined in a criteria.
- Administrative closing
- Modification of a ticket status to closed (manually or automatically).
- Alert threshold
- Minimal value from which an alert is triggered.
- Generic term for an element that can be inventoried and managed in GLPI.
- Automatic action
- Process for regular actions triggering, either internal to GLPI or external (Unix cron, Windows planned tasks…).
- Automatic closing
- GLPI internal process that closes unresolved tickets after a given time.
- Element that is booked for a given period.
- Stored link to a GLPI page that allows to access the page quickly.
- Accounting operation that groups all provisional expenses and receipts.
- Consumable used by a printer and specifically managed in GLPI.
- Physical element that contains a computer’s components (motherboard, processor, disk…).
- Closed (ticket)
- Status of a ticket whose solution has been approved by the ticket issuer or that has been close automatically.
- Functionality of GLPI that allows to create tickets or followup by importing messages from a mailbox.
- Connection (network)
- Link between two network ports.
- Referent person linked to a supplier.
- Financial document linked to assets and to suppliers.
- Device that interfaces with other peripheral device.
- Element or pattern used by search engines to select an information or used by rules engines and dictionaries to perform actions.
- Default profile
- Profile attributed by the application in the absence of particular settings (rules, manual attribution…).
- Depreciation type
- Characteristic of depreciation which balance can be linear or declining.
- Set of rules that allow to modify GLPI data.
- Direct connection
- Physical link between a computer and another asset.
- Element that defines a link and/or store a file and that can be associated to other objects of GLPI.
- Group of assets connected to a network.
- Customizable dropdown list used in GLPI and plugins.
- Organizational object allowing to partition view and action scope of users.
- Express renewal
- The contract is renewed only if both parties agree for its renewal (opposite to tacit renewal).
- External link
- Link displayed on an asset form in GLPI and built dynamically using the asset data.
- Financial information
- Data for invoicing and warranty.
- Exchange between a ticket issuer and the persons in charge of it.
A FQDN is a fully qualified domain name.
For example : www.glpi-project.org, forge.glpi-project.org…
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Specifically in GLPI, selection of elements of the knowledge base that can be provided independently, for example articles that are made accessible to users having only access to the simplified interface.
- Global management
- Management mode in which a unique inventory object can be connected to several computers.
- Global note
- Public note that is also visible from sub-entities.
- Global right
- Permission on objects that are not linked to an entity.
- Global view
- In a GLPI menu, display of columns in a list that is common to all users.
- Grouping of users.
- Action of merging similar elements of distinct entities into the parent entity.
- Entry in Windows registry.
- ICAL (ICalendar)
- Calendar import/export format.
- Technical identifier of an element.
- Connection name of a user (login).
- IMAP and POP are messaging protocols allowing to retrieve mail messages.
- Measure of the effect of an incident, problem or change in business process.
- In progress (attributed) (Ticket)
- Status of a ticket that is attributed to a technician or a group of technicians.
- In progress (planned) (Ticket)
- Status of a ticket that is attributed to a technician or a group of technicians and for which an action is planned.
- Unplanned interruption or quality decrease of a service.
- Action of a technician to solve an incident.
- Knowledge base
- Database allowing to gather, analyze, store and share knowledge and information inside an organization.
- Label FQDN
A FQDN is composed of labels separated by dots (”.”).
For example, www.glpi-project.org is composed of labels www, glpi-project and org.
A computer name is composed of a label and the name of the domain it belongs to, for example www name in domain glpi-project.org.
In GLPI, labels are compliant with section 2.1 of RFC 1123.
- LDAP directory
- Directory service using the LDAP protocol. Allows in particular to store user accounts.
- Local right
- Permission applicable to a given scope (entity).
- Name in GLPI allowing geographical localization of an asset.
- List of events occurring during use of GLPI application.
- Mail domain
- Part of a mail adress that is after character @.
- Company producing a hardware.
- Mount point
- Directory from which the data contained in a partition can be accessed.
- Name defining the connection type (internet, local…).
- Network port
- Network interface that can be virtual or physical.
- Hardwares providing interconnection of computer equipments.
- New (ticket)
- Default status of a ticket.
- Address allowing to localize an element in a tree structure.
- Character string used for comparison in a criteria.
- Power Distribution Unit.
- Pending (Ticket)
- Status of a ticket which processing is temporarily suspended (does not impact processing time).
- Personal note
- Note visible only by its writer.
- Personal view
- In a GLPI menu, display of columns in a list that is specific to a user.
- Scheduling of a task in time scale.
- GLPI extension that allows to add functionalities and/or to modify application behaviors.
- Power supply
- Bloc providing electric current to the components of a computer.
- Personal parameters of a user.
- Scale that identifies the relative importance of a ticket and that results from impact and urgency.
- Element that is visible only by its writer (bookmark, note…).
- Set of rights.
- Legal structure toward which a contractual relation can be established (purchase, contract…).
- Element that is visible by all authorized users of an entity.
- Public note
- Note that is visible by all users of the note’s entity.
- Permanent deletion of elements placed in the trash bin.
- Property of an object belonging to an entity that makes it visible from sub-entities.
- State of a demand that has been invalidated.
- Registered user
- Person having an accreditation allowing to connect to GLPI.
- Regular expression
- Character string (often called pattern) that describes a set of accepted strings according to a well-defined syntax.
- Replicate (MySQL)
- MySQL database used by GLPI if main database is not available.
- Document that sums up GLPI data.
- Person at the origin of an incident ticket or a service request.
- Recovery of an element of the trash bin.
- Authorization of a user for a given action.
- Root entity
- First entity of GLPI entities tree structure, that is always present even if no other entity is defined and that cannot be deleted.
- List of criteria that trig a list of actions if criteria are satisfied.
- Saved search
- Recording of GLPI search engine state that allows to store and perform again the search.
- General action of GLPI listed in the events.
- Simplified interface
- GLPI user interface that gives access to a reduced set of functionalities and that targets end users (opposite to standard interface).
- SLA (for Service-Level Agreement) is a contract between a service provider and a client that defines the requested quality of service and the responsibilities in case of failure.
- Solved (ticket)
- Ticket state when a technical solution was provided for an incident.
- Unique authentication system (SSO).
- Standard interface
- GLPI user interface that gives access to all functionalities (opposite to simplified interface).
- Summary of GLPI data linked to tickets.
- State of an asset or of a ticket, belonging to its life cycle.
- Child entity of an entity; on a form, indicates recursivity status.
- Title or question of an element of the knowledge base.
- Person in charge of a group of users.
- Tacit renewal
- The contract is renewed automaticaly if none of the parties declares its will to break it.
- Tagged VLAN
- A tagged VLAN is a VLAN which tag is transmited in network frame (see 802.1Q).
- Action corresponding to a technical operation that can be planned.
- User in charge of tickets processing.
- Reusable model of object containing predefined fieds and allowing easier user entry.
- GLPI object representing an incident or a service request.
- Tier type
- Category of providers.
- Action of moving an object from one entity to another.
- Trash bin
- Container of elements deleted by users. Similar to the trash bin in a desktop environment, it is an intermediate state before purge.
- Hierarchical organization of data using a tree structure.
- Unitary management
- Management mode in which an inventory object can be connected to only one computer.
- Criteria defined by the requester that specifies for a ticket the desired resolution speed.
- User of an asset that is not registered in GLPI user base.
- Action of authorizing a ticket processing.
- Person performing the validation of a ticket.
- Virtual visit card.
- Virtual network port
- A virtual network port is a port which does not correspond to a physical network hardware.
- VLAN : Virtual Local Network.
- Storage area attached to a computer.
- Exchange format for calendar data.