A notification definition in GLPI is comprised of:
- One or more notification templates
- Templates are added for specific notifications modes. This allows you to use one template for email notifications and another for browser notifications.
- A set of recipients
- The list of recipients could include specific users, groups, etc or can include dynamic recipients such as « Requester » which would be replaced by all user’s listed as requester on a Ticket for example.
- An item type (Ex: Ticket)
- An event from the specified item type (Ex: Add)
The different tabs¶
- A notification is composed of a certain number of specific fields to fill in:
- Name: Name of the notification
- Active: Allows you to temporarily deactivate a notification
- Type: Type of GLPI object to which the notification refers
- Notification mode The notification method (Email and Browser available by default)
- Event: Indicates what will be the triggering event following the type of the object
Notification templates: Indicates the notification that will be sent for the object type and the event defined previously
This is where you define who will receive the notification.
A certain number of actors of the application are proposed and the list The list varies according to the type of object defined.
This list includes but is not limited to:
- Administrator: person whose email address has been defined in the global configuration of email follow-ups
- Entity Administrator: person, for each entity, whose email address is defined in the entity configuration of email follow-ups
- Requester: The person who is listed as the requester in the ticket
- Technician in charge of the ticket: Users assigned to the ticket
- Group XXX: All the people who have access in the entity and who are part of the group
- Group XXX without supervisor: All members of the group except the person declared Manager of the group
- Group in charge of the ticket: All the members of the group to which the ticket is assigned
- Group in charge of the ticket without supervisor: All members of the group assigned to the ticket except for the person declared Manager of the group
- Requesting group: All members of the group indicated as the requesting group of the ticket
- Observer group: All members of the group indicated as the observer group of the ticket
- Observer: The person who is the observer of the ticket
- Profile XXX : All the people who have access in the entity and who have this profile
- Writer: person who enters the information;
- Technical manager: The person designated as the user responsible for the asset(s) related to the ticket