A template is a global object of GLPI that defines the information included in a notification and the formatting of the information.
The creation of a template is a complex operation, which impacts the users. Therefore, templates can only be modified by Administrators with the Update permission for the Config right. Moreover a template is not linked to an entity, which means that it is not possible to delegate its management to an administrator of a of a sub-entity.
A template reflects a communication to a user and can be available in several languages thanks to a translation mechanism. The use of tags (i.e. markers that are independent of the language used) language used) makes it possible to create a generic translation, available for all the languages of GLPI.
GLPI comes with a set of pre-defined templates for all notifications (tickets, reservations, financial information, cartridges, consumables, licenses, MySQL synchronization …).
- Name: Template name
- Type: Type of GLPI object to which the template relates
- Comments: (optional) Additional information
- CSS: (optional) Style sheet used for the template in HTML
Templates are global, they are not defined at the entity level, as notifications.
Tab that lists the different notifications defined by language and allows adding a new language.
- Language: Indicates the language to which this translation refers. If no language is selected in the drop-down list, this translation will be the default for this template.
- Subject: Subject of the mail.
- Email text body: Plain text without layout, used in cases where HTML is not allowed. If the field is empty then it is generated from the HTML body text.
- Email HTML body: Text with HTML layout.
A default translation is applicable to all GLPI languages that do not have their own translation.